- Native American Preference in hiring (Leech Lake Band Member, Member of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe, Members of Federally Recognized Tribes, Members of Canadian Reserves and Other Applicants).
- Knowledge and experience in higher education or tribal college is preferred.
- Experience working within a Native American Community is preferred.
- Most jobs require a valid MN Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Report.
- All full time Leech Lake Tribal College Employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including pension plan, health, dental and life insurance.
- Salary for all positions will depend on qualifications.
- All positions require pre-employment drug testing and criminal background check.
Request of Check for Driving Record (147 KB)
LLTC Employment Application (209 KB)
Download application, enter your information, save, and send the completed document.
*Please send Cover Letter, Resume, Transcripts, LLTC Job Application, Request Check for Driving Record, 3 Professional References,
and Other Documents (that support the application for employment) to:
Leech Lake Tribal College, P.O.Box 180, Cass Lake, MN 56633
Phone 218-335-4262, Fax -218-335-4282
Summary of Current Job Openings
Position Title: Earth Systems Science Instructor and Program Coordinator
Primary Function: Carry out activities as outlined in the grant that governs the position: teach three course per semester, and carry out program management and development.
Experience / Education: A Master’s degree in Earth Science is required (Geology, Hydrology, Meteorology, Soil Science, Physical Geography, Water Resources Science, Natural Resources, or related fields).
Position Closes: February 29th
Position Title: Extension and Community Development Coordinator
Primary Function: Coordinate educational programs to bring community onto campus.
Minimum Qualifications:Bachelors Degree with working knowledge of traditional ways of teaching, learning, and knowing. Active member of the Leech Lake Community. Extensive knowledge of Ojibwe Language and culture.
Preferred Qualifications:Familiarity with higher education and the educational needs of the Leech Lake community. Supervisory experience (chair, director, administrator, or program manager) in educational or nonprofit setting. Working knowledge of Ojibwe Language, culture, community, traditional ways of learning and knowing. Familiarity with USDA NIFA and Equity requirements. Familiarity with the needs of the Leech Lake Community and their relationship to other tribal nations, state, federal, and local agencies.
Position Closes: Open until filled
FOR COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE AT 218-335-4262