- Native American Preference in hiring (Leech Lake Band Member, Member of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe, Members of Federally Recognized Tribes, Members of Canadian Reserves and Other Applicants).
- Knowledge and experience in higher education or tribal college is preferred.
- Experience working within a Native American Community is preferred.
- Most jobs require a valid MN Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Report.
- All full time Leech Lake Tribal College Employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including pension plan, health, dental and life insurance.
- Salary for all positions will depend on qualifications.
- All positions require pre-employment drug testing and criminal background check.
Request of Check for Driving Record (147 KB)
Download application, enter your information, save, and send the completed document.
*Please send Cover Letter, Resume, Transcripts, LLTC Job Application, Request Check for Driving Record, 3 Professional References, and Other Documents (that support the application for employment) to:
Leech Lake Tribal College, P.O.Box 180, Cass Lake, MN 56633
Phone 218-335-4289, Fax -218-335-4282
Summary of Current Job Openings
Position: Natural Science & Forest Resources Outreach and Retention Coordinator
Primary Function: This is a full-time year-round appointment with management and administrative responsibilities for the Department of Natural Sciences and Technology. The Natural Science & Forest Resources Outreach and Retention Coordinator provides management, planning, and leadership for recruitment and retention activities as well as administrative support for faculty and programs. This position is responsible for student & career advisement, student engagement, and progression.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with an interest in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or math) field required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Experience in higher education or tribal education (such as scholarships, advisement, recruitment, retention, program/curriculum development, etc.) required. Master’s Degree or background in a STEM field preferred. Progressively responsible professional and administrative experience in higher education preferred.
Position: Director of Finance
Primary Function:This position provides collaborative financial management leadership for the college; ensures the short and long-term fiscal health of the college; oversees the business practices of the college; and ensures that the budget is linked to and supports the college’s strategic plans. Oversees all financial responsibilities in accordance with Leech Lake Tribal College policies and procedures and (GAAP), (GAAS), (GASB), and any other standards that may be required to ensure the safeguarding of all Leech Lake Tribal College assets.
Minimal Qualifications:A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance or a Business degree in another closely related field required. Three to five years’ experience in a senior accounting role, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position. A thorough working knowledge of accounting (not-for-profit) principles and applications.
Preferred Qualifications:Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA and CPA certified, extensive financial and budget management experience in an institution of higher education is preferred.
FOR COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE AT 218-335-4289