Office of Admissions
Welcome Students! Thank you for choosing Leech Lake Tribal College as your resource for higher education! Your success here will not only affect your life, but your families, and communities. We want to help you as much as we can in your educational journey here at LLTC and beyond!
If you would like to schedule a campus visit please download and fill out the document here, and return to Student Services.
The first steps to becoming a student are simple! Here are some easy questions to help you determine the type of student you are, from first time freshman to elder student! Keep in mind that you DO NOT have to be a descendant or member of a federally recognized tribe, we accept anyone who wants to share in the joys of learning. Please see LLTC’s open admissions policy.
How To Determine Your Enrollment Status
You might be a First-Time Freshman if:
- Have you graduated from HS or obtained a GED in the last year?
- You have NEVER attended a college or university?
You might be a Returning Student if:
- Have you ever attended LLTC as a student?
- Did you leave LLTC because of issues beyond your control?
- Have you left LLTC to attend another university, and are now returning to LLTC?
You might be a Transfer Student if:
- Have you attended any college or university that is not LLTC?
- You have attended more than one college or university?
You might be an Elder Student if:
- You are over the age of 55 and want to take one class?
- You are NOT looking to obtain a degree?
You might be a PSEO Student if:
- Are you still currently attending High School?
- Are you in the top 25% of your graduating class?
If you answered yes to all questions in a certain category of questions, please look at the Requirements of Admissions for your category! If you are unsure of your situation please contact Admissions, email@example.com , call 218-335-4286, or stop by Student Services to speak to an Admissions Representative.
New Student Checklist
- Fill out online Application entirely
- Fill out the FAFSA online
- Check with LLTC’s Financial Aid office 3-5 days after submitting to see if you need supporting documents.
- Submit to Admissions all OFFICIAL documents, these include:
- High School Transcripts or GED Transcripts
- College Transcripts *if necessary
- Certificate of Indian Blood/Descendancy Certificate/Non- Enrolled Descendant *if necessary
- You should receive your acceptance letter in the mail with the address you provided!
- Take the LLTC’s placement test
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to register for classes!
- Sign up for orientation
- Become a Laker!
Download Your Student Packet
Degree Programs Currently Offered at Leech Lake Tribal College
Associate of Arts
Associate of Applied Science
Open Admissions Policy:
Leech Lake Tribal College has an Open Admissions Policy; this means you can enroll if you have a high school diploma or GED. Our Open Admissions Policy also means you do not have to be American Indian or descendant to attend, we welcome all to enjoy in our learning! Open Admissions also means that your High School grades and class rank are not considered when accepting students. Upon acceptance to LLTC you will take a placement test, which will determine if you need to take remedial/developmental courses before taking college-level courses.
Please understand that it is your responsibility to request official and unofficial transcripts from colleges that you have attended, as LLTC is not responsible for transcript fees or services. If you have further questions or would like to request information, please contact the Admissions Staff by phone: 218-335-4286, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop into Student Services Monday through Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm!
We look forward to seeing you on our beautiful campus!